ServiceNow Survey Finds Over 80% of CISOs Say Data Breaches That They Know About Haven’t Been Addressed
Leaders increase their security response effectiveness through automating security tasks and prioritizing threats based on business criticality
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170420005261/en/
This comes at a cost: More than one in 10 CISOs reported experiencing a significant security breach causing reputational or financial damage in the past three years. Manual processes, resources and talent deficiencies, and the inability to prioritize threats are impairing security response effectiveness. As a result, CISOs are increasing the automation of security tasks to bolster their response and remediation efforts.
“CISOs are spending an increasing amount on preventing and detecting
data breaches, but our research underscores that response is where they
should focus,” said
Additional findings of the study include:
- Only 19 percent rate their company as highly effective at preventing security breaches.
- Customers may suffer the most from these gaps: Only 38 percent of CISOs believe they are highly effective at protecting against breaches of customer credit card or financial information.
- More than 25 percent of CISOs say manual processes and a lack of resources are barriers to their organization’s ability to detect and respond to security breaches.
- Just 7 percent of CISOs say their employees have developed the skills necessary to successfully prioritize security threats.
A small group of the overall survey sample (11 percent), titled “Security Response Leaders,” differ from the rest in that they:
- Automate a higher percentage of security activities, including more advanced tasks such as trend reporting.
- Prioritize responses to security alerts based on business criticality.
- Build stronger relationships with IT and other departmental functions.
- Global Research Report here: https://www.servicenow.com/c-suite/ciso.htm
Case study on
Freedom Security Alliance
- For more on Security Incident Response, please visit this site.
ServiceNow commissioned Oxford Economics to survey 300 Chief Information
Security Officers. Respondents are based in
Your enterprise needs to move faster, but lack of process and legacy tools hold you back. Every day, thousands of customer requests, IT incidents, and HR cases follow their own paths—moving back and forth between people, machines and departments. Unstructured. Undocumented. Unimproved for years. With the ServiceNow® System of Action™ you can replace these unstructured work patterns of the past with intelligent workflows of the future. Now every employee, customer and machine can make requests on a single cloud platform. Every department working on these requests can assign and prioritize, collaborate, get down to root cause issues, gain real-time insights and drive to action. Your employees are energized; your service levels improve and you realize game-changing economics. Work at Lightspeed™. To find out how, visit www.servicenow.com.