ServiceNow Named a Leader in Value Stream Management Solutions by Independent Research Firm
The report continues, “ServiceNow’s very strong governance and compliance capabilities enable users (even in highly regulated industries) to create a system of continuous deployment by automatically connecting ServiceNow’s digital policies with evidence captured from DevOps tools to create a system of automated governance. Its strong compliance capabilities feature support for automated audits and full traceability, enabling clients to automate change approvals and in turn minimizing the need for manual change approvals, to further enable fully automated deployments.”
“Just eight months after the release of our DevOps product, we feel that it is an incredible achievement to be recognized as a Leader by Forrester,” said RJ Jainendra, vice president and general manager of DevOps and IT business management at
According to the Forrester report, in the DevOps and VSM market, customers should seek offerings with benefits that include:
- A system of visibility: Delivering “out-of-the-box metrics that inform leaders on velocity, capacity, types of work being processed, as well as work in progress to enable leaders to create baselines and determine how well they are executing against plan.”
- Deep analytics: Offering “analytical engines that allow what-if analysis to help leaders test ideas and hypotheses for removing bottlenecks and increasing throughput.”
Automated governance and compliance: In the report, one
ServiceNowcustomer from an EU bank said, “‘…with VSM, we are now able to marry the data from DevOps with our policy engine to create automated governance. It enables a fully automated CD pipeline.’”
- Emphasis on innovation: “Innovations such as simulation engines to enable what-if analysis, analytical tools to help correlate events with outcomes, investments in architecture to enable VSM at scale, and investments in AI and machine learning (ML) to augment decision making are important steps that will progress VSM tools forward.”
Furthering its investment in governance and compliance,
ServiceNow’s approach to Value Stream Management leverages key capabilities, from ServiceNow DevOps and IT Business Management, and the Now Platform, working seamlessly with IT Service Management, IT Operations Management and Governance, Risk and Compliance. Key benefits of the
- Simplifying and scaling enterprise DevOps by extending the power of the Now Platform across the software development and deployment process;
- Automating change creation, tracking and approval to quickly deliver innovations without compromising quality; and
- Minimizing risk by automatically gathering and connecting information from the DevOps toolchain to maintain an end-to-end audit trail – all in one place.
A complimentary copy of the report is available here.